Coming from a clinical background as family midwife for many years, my approach to counselling and psychotherapy encompasses thought, emotion and body in equal measures.
Being trained in Holistic Counselling and Psychotherapy my approach to psychotherapy and counselling is pluralistic and integrative, drawing from integrative humanistic, existential and trauma-informed foundations, which allows me to help you find your own solutions.
Drawing from several traditional talking based approaches, I am also focussing on the somatic experience and use my training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy and Janina Fisher’s teachings on PTSD, dissociation and complex trauma to approach the work from opposite sides, our mindful, mentalizing and logic side and the wisdom of the body. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy is focussed to address trauma, both longstanding and recent. This collaborative approach allows you to explore and heal at your own pace and rhythm while allowing me to tailor my approach to your needs. Apart from this Deep Brain Reorienting, a method developed by Scottish psychiatrist Dr Frank Corrigan equally supports my work of helping my clients to consolidate traumatic memory.
Equally, through my interest in Asperger’s, ADD and my studies of the Autism Spectrum at UCC, I became more aware of how much our experience of the world and our emotional reactions are based on both our neurologic setup and the experiences that shaped us. The strong underlying foundation of my work is Neurobiology and I have found again and again that by becoming knowledgeable and mindful of who we are, we can become masters of our own life, whatever the circumstances. Becoming friends with who we are will lead the way to heal trauma and relational imprints.
I am fully accredited with the IACP, Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, to which Code of Ethics I abide. To read more please click here: https://iacp.ie/iacp-code-of-ethics
- BA Holistic Counselling and Psychotherapy, MSc Psychotherapy Studies
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level I,II,III and full Certification from the SP Institute in Boulder, Colorado, US
- Diploma Autism Studies Cork University
- Diploma Couple and Family Counselling
- Complex Trauma Certification Training Level 1&2
- Integrative Trauma and Dissociation Treatment Certification Level 3
- Brainspotting Phase I&II
- Deep Brain Reorienting
- Retired Midwife registered with the Irish Nurses & Midwife Organisation
- Registered Homeopath with the Irish Association for Homeopathy ISH: https://irishhomeopathy.ie